[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity Changes

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:43:30 GMT

I do not breed.  When I did, I always nominated my litters.

When I got Diana, it was too late to nominate her, so she was not shown in the
Futurity/Maturity.

When I registered Harley, he was over 4 months old.  His litter had not been
nominated.  By the time I found that out, it cost me an extra $125 to get his
litter nominated.  Then, I had to do it in the breeder's name, of course, and
she "lost" all the paperwork when it was sent to her!!  Without the help and
advice of his co-owner, Tedi, and a very nice lady at Rau, I would not have
been able to show him.

I think that owners of individual animals, if PC members, and if the breeder is
a PC member, then the owner should be able to nominate the individual animal.
JMHO.   It was a waste of my time and money to have to nominate the whole
litter when no others were shown.

Paula, 209 days and counting