[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities/Where?

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lollark@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:28:26 -0800

- From: <lollark@xxxxxxx>To: " <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, March 17,
2006
4:53

> So if I own a dog who was born in Georgia but I live in Colorado which region
> would
> he show in for the futurity if your suggestions for reform were adopted?
> This is my
> first futurity and I'm driving about 19 hours to Tucson.   There wasn't much
> close
> that would work for my schedule.  What can I expect at my first futurity?
> I'm
> looking forward to it.  > Karen Lollar
                       **************************************

This is just ONE of the reasons that the Futurities don't need to be "tweeked"
with
more
restrictions and rules on where we can show.    It will just make it more
confusing
and
difficult for people with dogs to show in their decision to even NOMINATE a
litter or
bother entering or going to a Futurity.
Too much involved.   What if the one in your Region has a Judge you can't show
under????
What if that one Futurity in one's "allocated Region"   is someone's only
daughter's
Wedding
day???   Maybe it sounds good to put in more rules....but sometimes life gets
in the
way for
all of us....lets try to make it EASIER!!   Our Futurities need HELP......not
more
restrictions.

We don't need to start re-'ruling'  the Futurities.   We need to make them
easier and
more
user friendly for the breeder/ exhibitor to show their young stuff coming up.
We
already
have enough big hurdles in travel, timing, handler fees, distance, handler
fees,
shedding,
handler fees.  <G>   Let's start getting to the real problem......timing,
travel and
expenses.
Putting more restrictions in won't solve these problems.
Let's think about ways to ENCOURAGE Breeders to exhibit litters....maybe a
reward
system for most pups in a litter at one Futurity.....or big winners  handled by
Jr. Handler or Novice Handler........

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx