[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities and regions

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:58:30 -0500

<EJDegen@xxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 9/17/2007 9:13:12 PM
> Subject: RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities and regions
>
> Ann, Your right I wasn't there..so I went my your  words.." pretty much
well known breeders entered it..not really any new ones." So yes it
worked..it worked for you, you garnered more accolades, a few more to go to
the National..so at the end of the day..I guess that is all that really
matters Bottom line is how did it benefit you, not others or new
people.When talk of this event first came about, I thought this was
supposed to be about Amateur breeder/ handlers. Little did anyone
anticipate that it would be about the same breeders, just getting different
handlers who hadn't been paid for a year.I think the concept of the event
was to attract new people, who were  new to participating in the futurity
event.It was probably not meant to afford  the same breeders and the same
people who had been participating in the futurity system for years, yet
another way to get more animals to the National. Since I was on the
committee at the time this event was being decided on, I think I  pretty
much understood the essence of the what the new venue was supposed to be
about, even though I didn't agree with it and entered it but didn't show in
it.Christine  PS> For the record, 9 regions would benefit me as well as
anyone else.Do you think I enjoy driving longer distances? do you think
that I don't like 9 judges to choose from?.the Amateur event could also
potentially benefit me if I wanted it to. BUT it is not about me and how it
is going to make my dogs win, or how I can pervert the system to make it
work for me. I suppose no one considers this. I will make sacrifices for
the greater good if needed..even if I don't like it. However if every
thinks that everything is chunky dory..we need to go back to the way
everything was..no amateur futurity if no one "new" is going to use it,
keep the same amount of regions, it was fine just the way to was two years
ago.

> hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Steve and Christine Grainger
> WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

exhibit, nor were you there for it, so you really don't know if it worked
or not. It did.  For your info I entered in two futurities because I had
littermates. I drove 4 hours to the Great Lakes Futurity (my region) and 6
hours to the Midwest Futurity.  Had the Midwest Futurity been in Kansas
City, I would not have supported it because of distance  Ann
<hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I wasn't for the amateur futurity, I
still think it is pointless,
> > nonetheless sort of fun. I could think of every which way it wasn't
going
> > to work..just like a handful are saying with reducing the regions.
> > However I supported it with my entry. The outcry for not reducing the
> > regions has not been substantial, just a few. Just as with the Amateur
> > futurity if the committee, which you are on, decides against it, fine,
if
> > they decided for it. fine. There are some who drove a substantial
distance
> > just to show at an Amateur fut. Funny how all of a sudden distance and
time
> > become a factor, that is something I would not have done, but everyone
is
> > different. When I parred down the regions I made it into 5, fully
expecting
> > that would be cutting it close, perhaps a compromise would be 7..which
is
> > what MANY have suggested the last few years, that is unless all the
> > dissenters are not willing to compromise for possibly the common good.
If
> > the committee decides this is the direction to go, so be it..and if so
> > support it as I did with the Amateur futurity. Until everyone decides
they
> > can't have it "their way'" and work for a common good then we are in a
rut.
> > I hear some say, the system isn't broke..in the purest since of the word
> > that is true..BUT then I hear others say "The system is broke because we
> > have no new people"..so which is it again? Is it broke or not
> > broke..important or not important. You must be kidding if you think
keeping
> > the regions the same, or reducing them is going to attract new or drive
> > them away people.Want to attract new people, get them involved. Solicit
> > their involvement in ALL areas. Just for the Hell of it..I would really
> > like to know who showed in their regions ONLY..and who exhibited out of
> > their regions, both for the futurity and the Amateur.And if they are so
> > happy with their own region, why did they choose to go to another? I
would
> > especially like to here from those who are saying the reducing the
regions
> > is going to make them travel farther..if traveling was an issue..why did
> > you exhibit out of your region. Not a smart ass question..I am curious?
> > Christine
> > hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Steve and Christine Grainger
> > WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

Region
> > Judge your Futurity.
> > > Right off the top we have eliminated volumes of Judges for our
> > local Futurities.
> > >
> > > Factor in: The numbers of Exhibitors and Breeders will not suddenly
> > "grow" with this change....we will
> > > have the same numbers involved and we have just made it more difficult
> > and expensive for those same
> > > Breeders or Exhibitors to get to a Futurity with that one single
change.
> > > The COMMON factor that all Breeders/ Exhibitors give for their cutting
> > back and no longer participating
> > > in Futurities is EXPENSE...expense of traveling, Motels, and
Handlers.
> > With that single change we
> > > will have made it more expensive, farther to travel and less handlers
> > available!! I absolutely do not
> > > understand the reasoning of thinking this could possibly be an
> > improvement for those that make up the
> > > Futurities ......and that is the Breeder/ Exhibitor/ Handlers.
> > > I might look good on paper when you get out charts.....but in reality
it
> > will make it much harder for more!!
> > >
> > > # 2. There of course are always some that will fly or drive "anywhere"
> > and some that WILL fly to a Futurity
> > > for some specific reason, dog or Judge. BUT THIS WAY....we are making
> > it a REQUIREMENT!!
> > >
> > > Carolyn marhaven@jps,net
> > > www.Marhaven.com

FORWARDS
> > of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original
author
> > AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> > >
> > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
> > ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE
EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL BE

admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> > > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> > > POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the
> > original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS
> > of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original
author
> > AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> > >
> > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL BE
> > PROSECUTED.
> > >
> > > For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> > > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> > POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS

> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> > Ann
Home of Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull and #1  Dam I've Got It All.
Breeder-owner of 64 champions and 18 ROMs