[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities and regions

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <EJDegen@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:17:56 -0700

Thank you Julie!!!   I agree with you completely ....100%!!!
I have thought about it from every angle that I can think of and I can see
absolutely no way that
decreasing the Regions will benefit the Futurities in ANY way!!   I might
'sound good'...but it isn't.

# 1.  You cannot have a Judge that dwells within the same Futurity Region Judge
your Futurity.
         Right off the top we have eliminated volumes of Judges for our local
Futurities.

Factor in:   The numbers of Exhibitors and Breeders will not suddenly "grow"
with this change....we will
have the same numbers involved and we have just made it more difficult and
expensive for those same
Breeders or Exhibitors to get to a Futurity with that one single change.
The COMMON factor that all Breeders/ Exhibitors give for their cutting back and
no longer participating
in Futurities is EXPENSE...expense of traveling, Motels, and Handlers.    With
that single change we
will have made it more expensive, farther to travel and less handlers
available!!   I absolutely do not
understand the reasoning of thinking this could possibly be an improvement for
those that make up the
Futurities ......and that is the Breeder/ Exhibitor/ Handlers.
I might look good on paper when you get out charts.....but in reality it will
make it much harder for more!!

# 2. There of course are always some that will fly or drive "anywhere" and some
that WILL fly to a Futurity
for some specific reason, dog or Judge.    BUT THIS WAY....we are making it a
REQUIREMENT!!

Carolyn    marhaven@jps,net
www.Marhaven.com