[ SHOWGSD-L ] Futurities and RAU

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx, campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:08:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/2007 3:49:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Thank  you Joan!!!  This was my suggestion a while back.  (I see entering
multiple futurities as a way I'll have to spend more money.).....  Please  tell
me why we have to have a single early closing date?....and why we have to  use
Rau????
Why not let the clubs handle the entries, have the closing date  2 weeks
before the show. The clubs could actually make money, and the  exhibitors would
be
able to plan more easily.  A national catalog could  be made with the same
ads in every one...the clubs could just insert/staple  the entries for that
region on the inside.
Cyndi

I am all for not using Rau.  We had our futurity on April 20, 2007 and  here
we are September 12, 2007 and we have no idea whether we made money or  loss
money.

We had our AB show that I am Show Chairman on May 17, 2007, I had our
settlement check from Onofrio the day of the show less 400.00.  They keep
400.00 in
case of bad checks/credit cards. I got that 400.00 check 4 weeks after  the
show date.

Big difference here in my opinion. It would be nice to know if our  club made
or loss money on our futurity.

Lee Brown
GSDC of Louisiana Inc.