[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities and Amateurs

  • From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, holly@xxxxxxxxx, Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 12:49:41 -0800 (PST)

Sorry made a dumb mistake

Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
Owner Barkalot's Felonious Assault AKA Brat and the other half of B'N'B
Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow
Proud member of the GSDC of Am. since 1996
Stand up for what you believe in,
even if you are standing alone.

From: Holly Whitney <holly@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities and Amateurs
To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 3:19 PM

> Msg: #2 in digest
> Subject: Re: Futurities and Amateurs
> From: foxhavengs@xxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:58:26 +0000
>
> I would say we lost. Dogs that live with new comers but might be co-owned by
> a big name should not be an issue. Besides that I agree with Christine
> e-mail. I think some (not all) Big time breeders abuse the Amateur Fur/Mat.
> By entering their dogs and using unpaid handlers and then enter the same dog
> in a regular Fur/Mat and pay a big handler.  What is the reason for this? I
> know a breeder that does this all the time, I mean how greedy can you get. I
> think the rules should change that you can not enter both. That way it really
> levels the playing field. Let's face it big time breeders won't enter the
> Amateur they will want to enter the regular fur.
> JMO
> Denise Fox
> Foxhavengs
I can tell you my reasons.  I entered my Maturity male in both the regular
Maturity and the amateur and I'm going to show him.  Why?  Because I believe in
the system, I want to support it and I want to have fun with my dog.  My
handler is awesome but I want to have some of the fun!  Oh and no one in their
right mind is going to call me an unpaid handler!

I'm part of the reason that we are having an amateur futurity, I bugged our
club into having one, I better support it.

I also think that if you limit it to either or you'll loose the crazy people
like me.

What I'd also like to believe is that this kind of double dipping nonsense will
fade out.  If the amateur futurity survives and people begin to support it for
real then those people won't see it as such an easy win.

Holly

Home to:
RFB Nikiree's Dream Genie, PT, RE
Seashore's JFK of Brown Hill, RN
Can RFM Brown Hill Better Be Worth It, IT

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org ;