[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities and Amateurs

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wilkersonem@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:18:54 -0800

I'm really sorry to hear that the Clubs are held to including a 'mandatory'
amateur futurity!
Anytime you make something like that "mandatory".......it moves someone out of
the
picture to participate.
Things may change......but our Club made the decision they would not host a
Futurity
if they have to incorporate an Amateur Futurity / Maturity into the program.

I might add that  It doesn't seem right to make mandatory a "special"  (amateur
)   Futurity
for those  who say they  'don't want to'  or 'can't'  compete with professional
handlers......and
then STILL.... they can also enter the regular Futurity ALSO ....and compete
with the group
they say they NEED the amateur Futurity for.... so they won't have to compete
against.....with
the same  dog they don't want to compete in the Regular Futurity with......and
need the amateur
Futurity FOR...??
Makes me dizzy just to read it.....let alone understand the logic behind it!!!
<G>
It STILL seems so much more simple to me  to JUST INSERT A CLASS into the
regular
Futurity  and the regular Maturity for amateur's and no professional
handlers....
and call it a day.     No age restriction....just a class for dogs and a class
for bitches in the
Futurity and one in the Maturity.   They still come into winners and compete
for the big prize!

Now .....we have really LONG days at the futurity.....before the actual
Futurity even starts!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com