[ SHOWGSD-L ] Futurities (Helen Franklin)

  • From: "Helen" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:54:48 -0800

Futurities have always been a "breeders" show.  It's the time we take out
our best youngsters and compare them with what other breeders are producing.
This can be an important time because we can see what new stud dogs are
producing and what direction the breed will be going in the next few years.
Because it's a "breeders" show, it has always been VERY PRESTIGIOUS to win.
Often, the top young dogs will be our future selects and a BIF or BIM is a
great launching pad for their future careers.  A comment about the wood
trophies, I hope they go away in place of gorgeous rosettes.   If you have
ever had to hold those things all day for picture taking, you know what sore
arm muscles are.... for hours afterwards.   I think the Futurity's and
Maturity's are a really big deal and I hope upcoming new breeders will
appreciate them as much as us old timers.
Helen Franklin
Home of:  1985 U.S. Maturity Victrix, Ch. Von Saar's Mannequin OFA H/E, and
several BIF/BIM winners.