[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 13:22:35 -0700 (PDT)

The very best way to watch correct gait and temperament :-)
Ruth

________________________________
From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx, "DaList" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, May 6, 2011, 5:44 PM

I don't know anyone that utilizes the German Shepherd Dog for the actual work
of
herding

sheep anymore either......and yet that was the 'original purpose'.
I still love to watch the dogs train to herd, and compete in herding
trials....and so do the dogs.
Will they ever have an actual "JOB"  herding hordes,  as Von Sephanitz
visualized......naw....that
employment window is closed.    It's an 'evolving'  Sport......it's even an
evolving Breed.
To me.....the Futurities are still a showcase for offspring from many
bloodlines.    Allowing the
breeders to exhibit  them in different regions gives all of us a chance to see
litters or at least
littermates showcased from different bloodlines.    Half the reason I love the
Futurities.
Otherwise I might as well start unpacking the old van right now........and
trade
it in for a

cute little Ford Fiesta...<G>
Are we SURE  the Futurities were referred to as Futurity Regions because
litters
bred in

THAT region ONLY...... were to be shown only in that specific region?
Nothing is really 'regional'  anymore.
How would  you see  dogs from many different bloodlines that way.......?

I"m just sayin'...?

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Ruth Scheubler To: DaList Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 1:36 PMSubject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities

  Not only are they no longer regional, but that idea of showcasing the
offspring of many bloodlines
   is also no longer valid.So I do not really know how anyone can think they
are
in keeping with the

  original purpose of a futurity.Ruth

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

any
post.

MANNER