[ SHOWGSD-L ] Futurities

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 19:15:01 -0500

Hi All;
I have been reading all the posts and I will add my two cents. I know from when
I showed in the Futurities in the 90's that they entries have gotten very small
and you are not really seeing a "breeders showcase" anymore.

Many other breeds, do not have regional futurities, such as Labs or Akita's,
the Futurity/ Maturity are done as part of the Nationals.
I also feel that the Armature, should be one class at the Futurity, like it is
done at the AKC shows.

It seems to me with not enough  workers and the money that Speciality Clubs
spend, that switching this to part of the National
may be a better option for all.

I also want to commend that some one said AKC making Speciality Clubs do more
in order to hold shows. This is not only for
Speciality Clubs, but all Clubs and one thing my AB Club does is take the Club
Booth to local events to reach out to the
public about responsible pet ownership, but more than anything to teach the
public what HSUS and PETA are not, and how they want to take our right to own
and breed away from us.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx