[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities

  • From: "judy" <judsohngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l digest users" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:00:24 -0700

I was at that committee meeting, and my thoughts were, if a judge got sick
and the alternate judge was not someone you wanted to show that dog
to.....you were
out of luck..Unlike a dog show .....the futurity/maturity closes 5 or 6
weeks before the first F/M and 13 or 14 weeks before the last F/M  a lot can
happen during that
time to both dogs and people....and unlike a dog show once the entries
close, you cannot get a refund........at a dog show when there is a judge
change after a show
closes...you can get a refund  and we are only talking about a 2 or 3 week
period between the closing of a show and the show itself.....I am very much
in favor of
 being  allowed to enter TWO  F/M  and show at only one.   I am also in
favor of removing all placings if this is not followed and the dogg is shown
in both(or more)
futurities.
Judy
From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Futurities
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:48:36 -0400

Hello All,

The idea of entering two futurities but only being able to show in one came
up among the Futurity Committee about 2 and 1/2 years ago.  If memory serves
me correctly (and I'm not sure it does LOL) I believe Carolyn Martello was
one of the committee people along with myself that wanted to see if this
would work.  Other committee members  thought it might be a good idea and
would be useful for puppies that were limping with pano or bitches that were
blowing coat etc.   The idea was that when the dog was shown at such and
such Futurity that dog/bitch would then be marked absent in the catalogue at
whichever  other Futurity it had been entered in.  The exact details would
have to be worked out.

At the recent Board Meeting someone commented that in the Weim breed the
same dog can be entered in ALL of their Futurities so that's how it all came
about.  Personally, I am against a single dog being entered in all 9
Regions.  For one thing the record keeping would be very difficult and I am
not sure how that would be done.  Nothing is determined at this point.  I am
sure Amy will come back to the Board with good suggestions and will gladly
accepted input from the members.

Nancy Harper

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use
of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or
disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
communication.