[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:48:36 -0400

Hello All,

The idea of entering two futurities but only being able to show in one came
up among the Futurity Committee about 2 and 1/2 years ago.  If memory serves
me correctly (and I'm not sure it does LOL) I believe Carolyn Martello was
one of the committee people along with myself that wanted to see if this
would work.  Other committee members  thought it might be a good idea and
would be useful for puppies that were limping with pano or bitches that were
blowing coat etc.   The idea was that when the dog was shown at such and
such Futurity that dog/bitch would then be marked absent in the catalogue at
whichever  other Futurity it had been entered in.  The exact details would
have to be worked out.

At the recent Board Meeting someone commented that in the Weim breed the
same dog can be entered in ALL of their Futurities so that's how it all came
about.  Personally, I am against a single dog being entered in all 9
Regions.  For one thing the record keeping would be very difficult and I am
not sure how that would be done.  Nothing is determined at this point.  I am
sure Amy will come back to the Board with good suggestions and will gladly
accepted input from the members.

Nancy Harper