[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities

  • From: "Amy Safdir" <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <holly@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 21:35:52 -0400

Yes please share all your thoughts with me and the Board it will all be
taken into consideration when planning this.

Our original thoughts on this is first and foremost to bring about more
participation since in the past a puppy with panno or stagey has missed a
futurity and also in recent years we have had many last minute judge changes
and this would allow the exhibitors/breeders the opportunity to have a
backup plan.  Yes this would bring in increased revenue, but I must be
honest our thoughts are with what will bring in more participation and allow
the decreased numbers to have a little more liberties at actually being able
to actually make a futurity without having to be absent completely.
It will be a choice though..............if folks don't like the idea they
will still have the choice to enter only one.

As with any changes I am sure there will be a down side, but hopefully it
won't be a signifcant down side.

On handlers.............I am not sure they will really want to tie
themselves up for many regions on one dog anyways. I am sure that would hurt
their income and ability to schedule all their dogs. They will definitely
have to work that out.

Thank you all for caring and sharing your thoughts.
Amy Safdir
GSDCA National Futurity Chair