[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fut/Mat Judges

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 21:29:52 EDT

In a message dated 9/4/2007 6:29:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  Board can vote, at the next Board Meeting,  to approve the concept of
entering the same dog/bitch in two different regions but ONLY SHOWING IN  ONE.
This has been approved by AKC This could give exhibitors the  opportunity to
show a youngster that is limping from pano or such in a later  Futurity when
the limping is under control or showing the bitch that is in  season or out of
coat at another Futurity down the road.   The  Futurity Committee continues to
look at different options and make changes  that will appeal to the breeder
/exhibitor.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I believe it would even be
more beneficial if members could enter ALL Futurities, and still show in only
one. This would be a financial boost for the PC, and it would give the
exhibitors a better chance, and choice, to exhibit.  Pano, limping, we all
know they
start acting up when they know a show is coming.  But with  multiple choices,
we may outsmart these dogs yet.

Didn't Flower Boy suggested this once, while at home without  supervision?  I
think so.....

Ileana