[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Furminator

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kbpaone@xxxxxxxxxxx, vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 19:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

When you used your Furminator, did you use it on a dry coat?
  Grace
Karen Paone <kbpaone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Wow, I just bought one at Petsmart and took a ton of undercoat out of Mimi.
It did seem to do very well with preserving the guard hairs.

The package says to use it on a completely dry coat. I've always read that
it's important NOT to brush a completely dry coat, as it tends to break the
hair. Which advice is correct?

Karen

Paone & Associates, LLC
Phone: 505-821-9253
Fax: 505-821-9540
Cell: 505-250-4003
Email: kbpaone@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed May 03 14:55:10 CDT 2006
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/3/2006 10:32:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
GSDdogmom@xxxxxxx writes:
I just measured mine. The head is 2 1/2 inches wide, the metal teeth are

2
inches wide.
Lori

My "large" is 4 inches wide. Syd

SYD MAILBERG
_WWW.KINGSWOODGERMANSHEPHERDS.HOMESTEAD.COM_
(http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)
COMMISSION PORTRAITURE

How would this thing do on Siberian Husky? She is a house dog in PA, and
does not "blow" her coat as they usually do....I have to brush her ALOT to
get it out.

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds Visit http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/
POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

            Grace Eaton
  Sirius German Shepherds
  zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.