[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Funny dog show moment

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:14:24 EDT

That's funny ;-)

I remember when Chiffon was about 2 years old taking her to a fun  match
that was held indoors on cement.  We were sitting ringside waiting for
things to get started when a man with a full grown standard dachsund
decided to take it around for practice.  Chiffon had never had any  problems
with any other dogs before, but she took one look at this "legless" dog
clicking around the ring on it's belly and was clearly horrified,  LOL!  She
leapt to her feet and stared as if she wasn't sure if she should defend  me
or run!  When they came out of the ring, I walked over and started a
conversation with the man so she had a chance to sniff the strange
creature.  Once she realized it really was just a dog, she  lost all interest
and I never saw that reaction from her again.

Janice

In a message dated 7/8/2007 7:57:07 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
grnram415@xxxxxxx writes:
My GSD  and I were walking around the Ventura AB show after we got done
showing.? We  ran into a Sheriff's Deputy with his Bloodhound search dog.?
Being
the law  enforcement type, I stopped to talk for a minute.? This Bloodhound
keyed in on  my boy and all of a sudden started baying.? Ok, my boy had never
heard this  noise before and plastered himself to my legs.? This dog would not
stop  baying.? He was doing play bows, anything he could think of to get my
boy's
 attention.? He was slobbering everywhere.? The handler and I let the boys
sniff when the Bloodhound suddenly bayed in Boss's face.? Well, Boss hit the
deck, LOL!? Now, Boss has a very solid temperament, dog friendly?and isn't
really afraid of anything, but this creature was totally outside of anything
he
has seen before.? We reeled our dogs in, the Bloodhound quieted and all was
fine with dogs sitting at our sides.? As we walked away, the Bloodhound
started baying again.? If a dog could roll thier eyes and say Geesh, Boss
would've done it.? He just could not figure out what this creature was.?
And, quite frankly, I attend AB shows all the time and never seen this
response
either.? It was pretty funny :-)? At first, I thought the Bloodhound  might be
gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) but found out he  spends
most of his life with GSD's.? He must have thought Boss was one of his  buddies
:-)? Too bad Boss didn't speak his language, LOL!?

Laura  Thomas

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."