[ SHOWGSD-L ] Funny dog show moment

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:42:05 -0400

My GSD and I were walking around the Ventura AB show after we got done
showing.? We ran into a Sheriff's Deputy with his Bloodhound search dog.? Being
the law enforcement type, I stopped to talk for a minute.? This Bloodhound
keyed in on my boy and all of a sudden started baying.? Ok, my boy had never
heard this noise before and plastered himself to my legs.? This dog would not
stop baying.? He was doing play bows, anything he could think of to get my
boy's attention.? He was slobbering everywhere.? The handler and I let the boys
sniff when the Bloodhound suddenly bayed in Boss's face.? Well, Boss hit the
deck, LOL!? Now, Boss has a very solid temperament, dog friendly?and isn't
really afraid of anything, but this creature was totally outside of anything he
has seen before.? We reeled our dogs in, the Bloodhound quieted and all was
fine with dogs sitting at our sides.? As we walked away, the Bloodhound started
baying again.? If a dog could roll thier eyes and say Geesh, Boss
 would've done it.? He just could not figure out what this creature was.? And,
quite frankly, I attend AB shows all the time and never seen this response
either.? It was pretty funny :-)? At first, I thought the Bloodhound might be
gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) but found out he spends most
of his life with GSD's.? He must have thought Boss was one of his buddies :-)?
Too bad Boss didn't speak his language, LOL!?

Laura Thomas
AOL at AOL.com.