[ SHOWGSD-L ] Funny Dog Story

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:36:24 EDT

We have been breeding our own service dogs this past year. To help keep  this
GSD related we did a breeding to Jamiroquia and had 6 beautiful pups, 4
males are all show quality -not advertising- lol they are in our service dog
program and we are keeping one. I am excited to be able to say we are able to
bring the two worlds together - Beautiful GSDs doing awesome work as service
dogs for kids with Autism. Anyway, my parents have one of our Golden Retrievers

and we did a breeding. Well, my Mom is saying all along she is pregnant as she
 was sick, went off food, etc. So, 3 weeks before she would be due I see her
and  sure enough, she is big and round. So I send my Mom off for xrays a week
later  to count the pups and the vet comes out shaking his head and tells my
Mom, guess  how many pups? None! lol It turns out my Mom is so sure the dog is
pregnant she  is feeding her Eukanuba puppy - as much as she wants LOL To add
to the GSD end,  my Esme has both Majors and needs just 3 points to finish. I
am so excited. I  can't wait as we will be off and running in obedience for
that AOE. I haven't  done obedience with a dog since Ben so it will be fun.

Karen Shirk, Executive Director 4 Paws For Ability, Inc.
253  Dayton Ave. Xenia, Ohio 45385
karen4paws@xxxxxxx 937-376-2781, 937-374-0385,  937-768-9098
_www.4pawsforability.org_ (http://www.4pawsforability.org/)