[ SHOWGSD-L ] Funny

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:48:16 -0400

Just want to share a funny story.? My pups are 5 mos old now and becoming very
good, well-behaved young dogs.? Except for one.? Semper Fi is the ring leader
of the pack.? He is stubborn, vocal and independent.? He also HATES a collar
and leash.? Now, these pups have been worked and trained and socialized all
over the place since their feet were allowed outside the front door.? Some have
been herding instinct tested already and others to handling classes.? This boy
has been to both and has embarrased me everytime.? Put a collar and leash on
him and he becomes a drama queen.? You would think he is dying.? He flips and
flops and goes limp and cries and carries on like I am killing him.? I've lured
him with treats and toys to no avail.? I even tried just letting him run around
with a leash and collar on him and with NO pressure, he still acted like it was
killing him.? What a brat.? Yesterday, I tried something new.??We went outside
and I put the collar and leash on him as usual.
 ??He did his usual temper tantrum and I walked away and went inside, leaving
him out alone.? That wasn't in his plan.? He flipped and flopped and
then?realized I wasn't there.? He came running up to the front door, talking
away.? I ignored him.? 20 mins later, I went out to find him calm and sleeping
under the tree.? I grabbed the leash, asking him if he was ready to come inside
for his nap.? He walked in as calmly as you please.? This morning, I took him
out by himself and he acted like he never had an issue with that collar in his
life, LOL!? He regally walked to the run?where his littermates were already out
and about and strutted his?stuff.? What a silly boy.?I just?brought them back
in the house for nap and he led the pack.??Cheyenne tried to run into the
livingroom.? He cut her off and directed her to the nap room.??
It's funny as I have had far more bitches than dogs in my life and the
bitches?were always Alpha.? This boy is the first male I have had that has
really shown he is in charge.? He tried it with me and it didn't work so now he
is going to make sure the others follow his lead. They won't all be here for
long but I think he got the big picture now, LOL!
Had to share,?

Laura?????