[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ft Collins is definitely east of the Rockies

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lollark@xxxxxxx, jkerner@xxxxxxxxx, Da List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:38:53 -0700 (PDT)

You better grab your gun and start cleaning up the territory. I hear the city
folks are taking over. :0)
  Terry
lollark@xxxxxxx wrote:
  West is an attitude, a culture, a tradition...it is not a map designation or
a latitude and longitude. Colorado is ranch land and cowboys and independence.
GSDs are the perfect breed here. Nevermind that the cityfolk are taking over.
At our core we still think as westerners. Colorado is west not east. Karen
Lollar
-------------- Original message from Terry Cochran : --------------

If you have to look west to see the Rockies you are in the east. Anything west
of the rockies is the west anything east of the rockies is either Middle
America of East. If you want to think you are in the west that is ok with me
but you aren't a western. Looking west at the Rockies does not count. If you
are western you have to look east to see the Rockies.

SO There

Terry who can't even see the darn Rockies because they are so far east and are
blocked my the Cascades which everyone knows are in the TRUE WEST not one of
the wantabe sorta kinda west locations.

lollark@xxxxxxx wrote:
Rest assured Jane that you'll be driving the flatlands of Iowa and Nebraska to
get to Ft. Collins from Wisconsin. The Rockies will be looming to the west of
you. There is a great feeling to be driving through the plains and see the
first glimpse of the mountains. As for Colorado being in the midwest...cannot
imagine that designation. Colorado is west--ask a native.

Got a little couch potato?

and lay it on us.