[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ft Collins is definitely east of the Rockies

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 05:40:05 EDT

In a message dated 7/30/2007 6:22:56 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If you  have to look west to see the Rockies you are in the east.  Anything
west  of the rockies is  the west anything east of the rockies is either Middle
 America of East.  If you want to think you are in the west that is ok  with
me but you aren't a western. Looking west at the Rockies does not count.  If
you are western you have to look east to see the  Rockies.

OK - let me get this straight. My house sits at approximately 6,200 miles
above sea leverl. My property sits on the very shallow edge of an enormous
aquifer that end when it hits the Rockies. Standing in my living room I see the

Rocky Mountains to the west- about 15 miles to the west in fact.  If I  drive
for less than one hour, when I get out of my car I can see the Rocky  Mountains
by looking west OR east. It will take me 4 hours of driving west to  get to
the western border of Colorado, by which time the Rocky Mountains will
definitely be in my rear view mirror. And you want to tell me I live in middle
America?