[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ft Collins is definitely east of the Rockies

  • From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lollark@xxxxxxx>, "Da List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:04:02 -0500

So............
Beautiful Fort Collins really  *is*  east of the Rockies........

And Colorado is a western state.......

I *knew* it !!

It is a twenty hour drive or so from Eagle headed west.

And I will see those beautiful Rocky mountains rising up behind the fruited
plains of  western Nebraska  and the rolling prairie of eastern
Colorado........

Eagle, Wisconsin is nestled in the midst of the Southern Kettle Moraine forest
left by the glaciers in South Eastern Wisconsin, surrounded by Lakes in every
direction you look. The rills and rolling hills, spotted with kettles, are
surrounded by the lush green of clover and grass spotted with red barns for the
dairy cattle.  In spring the perfumed lilacs and the flowering crab apple trees
are fragrant and beautiful splashes of color in a splendid array of deep
purple, pink, lavender and white.

My dogs run through the hay fields next to the house and rest in the shade of
the sunburst locust, maple and oak trees: sometimes the puppies fight over  the
pine cones they find beyond the yard near the Norwegian pine and Spruce trees.
And sometimes the puppies bite at the Day Lilies near the house which Pam
transplanted for me from her own stunning garden.

I can see Tim and Diane Brown's white farm house across the twenty acre field
from my deck if I stand on my tip toes in the late fall when the leaves are
fallen off the trees.
And we can all hear the coyotes howl at late night.

I don't ever expect that Eagle, Wisconsin will ever attract too many visitors,
other than those who drive through the village on their way to somewhere else.

I like it that way.  And so do the dogs.

I love it here. And so do the dogs.

We are all looking ahead to the Autumn trip to Fort Collins.

I will be happy to be there on the edge of the plain next to the magnificent
Rocky Mountains in October.

And so will the dogs.

Jane Kerner