[ SHOWGSD-L ] Front row seat to a GSD at work

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:05:50 -0500

Good Morning -

Here's a story I thought I would share through the eyes of a GSD lover, but not
a show person.

My other half loves his GSDs (he's the reason we have not one, but TWO GSD
b*tches).. Anyhoo, he laughs at dog shows, hence I don't take him with (thinks
they are for FOOFOO dogs). He loves the fact the girls have HIC titles and that
his beloved Simmie has her other titles and is certified to go for her TD (he
can understand THOSE things)..

Yesterday, he got to see a K-9 at work in his own office.. He works for a sales
company (has for 17 years) and this is where the two of us met (I worked there
for 6 years). It is a great company but full of salesmen, many with less then
stellar pasts (nice people, just did some stupid things in their previous
lives).

Anyhoo, yesterday, about 3:00 pm, Don said that not one, not two, but about 5
Ramsey County Sheriff cars showed up at their office..  Suddenly the door
opened on the far end of the office (the end Don is on) and in shot a medium
sized, sable GSD male in complete uniform along with his handler. Don said the
dog shot right past him and was on a mission. Within 2 minutes the dog had
found his man and was barking up a storm and had the guy pinned to wall.
Apparently, this dude was involved in something outside of work (as was his
brother I guess) and was supposed to show up for court twice and hadn't.

Don got to meet the dog after everything settled down and was so impressed with
the dog's temperament, etc. Now he wants a sable male - I told him NO MORE dogs
for the moment..

Not often you get to see it up close and personal. Don was going to see if
someone go photos on their cell phone of the dog at work. Apparently he went in
several of the cubes looking for his subject...

Something kinda fun... I guess not if you are the guy who the dog is looking
for.Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
It?s a talkathon ? but it?s not just talk.
http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk