[ SHOWGSD-L ] From where I sit

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:25:32 -0500

Well I finally got finished watching this years National DVD's last
night and wanted to give MY opinion about the dogs that I saw judged.
Having attended last years National and also ordering those DVD's, I had
something to compare it with.  I remember I posted that although there
were some very nice dogs there last year, I didn't feel there were too
many superstars.  What a difference a year makes!  You breeders deserve
a lot of credit for the great job you've done to improve the quality of
the animals you breed.  The major differences that I saw between this
year compared to last year is the improvement in fronts and side gait.
It was consistent throughout the classes.  Also there was improvement in
beautiful breed type.  I saw some temperament problems.  The worse
problem I seen was bad backs and top lines.

In MY opinion, this years Grand Victor title was richly deserved.
Beautiful mover, and all male!  He's one I think we can be proud to say
holds the title.  The Grand Victrix was a powerful mover and very
consistent in the class.  Another good representative of the breed.  The
Winners Dog and Winners Bitch as well as that magnificent Reserve
Winners Bitch, were both deserving of their wins.  Best puppy was a
knockout as was the Best Opposite Puppy.......she is certainly her
mother's daughter.  I have to make special note of a young male puppy
that just blew me away.  He placed 4th. in the heavy quality filled 9-12
puppy male class.  (This is the class where the Best Puppy came from).
The beauty of having a remote control is that you can slow everything
down and then slow it down even more.  Well when I did this with this
puppy, all I can say is WOW!  If you are a student of the breed and you
want to see what correct movement is.....take a look at this youngster.
He's all male, black and red, completely and totally balanced in motion,
(what an opening of shoulder!!!), long striding with a great back and
top line and never took a wrong step.  I predict some big winning for
this young boy.  With correct management, this is one that could go all
the way.  Is there a future GV trophy in this handsome guys future?
Only time will tell.  Oh by the way, I don't know this dog or his owners
personally and never seen him before looking at this tape.  But if you
ever want to sell him, call me!!!!

Congratulations to all the winners and owners, breeders and handlers as
well.  Congratulations to the judges for getting most of your best ones
up there.  I say most, because there were some that I thought got away.
But then again, that's only from where I was sitting.  I didn't have my
hands on them as you did.  And congratulations to ALL that entered this
show.  There are no losers.  Many of us who are watching might have
called it another way and in our minds you were all winners.  Best,  Barbara

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS