[ SHOWGSD-L ] From the Cabin in the woods

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:22:11 -0800 (PST)

We were headed into town today but didn't get past the gate which is about 5
miles from the cabin. One huge old growth pine tree came down during a wind
storm yesterday. It will take Kent the rest of the day to cut and remove the
tree from the road. We met a group of Fish & Game Kids who were on their way to
tag Bull Trout. They were on one side of the tree and we on the other. They
couldn't get to their fish trap so we dropped them off on our way back to the
cabin. Kent is in the process of removing the tree now. I came back to hear the
dogs barking I grabbed my shotgun and went down by the river HUGE COUGAR TRACKS
big, very large .  He must have come down to get a drink and to see if the dogs
could be lunch material.I keep the dogs in kennel runs made of 9 gage wire with
solid bottoms and tops. It is for their protection. With this warm weather the
bears are up and hungry as well. The soft wet ground makes it easy to see
what in the area.
We had a heavy snow pack earlier but then the rains came and the snow melted.
There are trees in the river everywhere and we are always looking to make sure
the river doesn't decide to change course.

Life in the woods is good
Terry

any post.