[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: From Puppies To Stud Service

  • From: Birgit Rhoads <wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l Showgsd-l List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:39:19 -0400

On Oct 11, 2009, at 2:35 PM, Kathy Tank wrote:

Kathy, I am glad to read your post. IMO, you are "teaching" pet people
who want to breed Missy for whatever reason. Most pet people are
amazed when they learn the proper way to bring up puppies and all the
not so great things that can happen whelping the puppies. Not to speak
of the time involved socializing little babies. Most pet people are
clueless about health clearances and don't want to spend the extra $$$
at the vet's to get those clearances. And then, some of the "pet
people" are nothing more than puppy mills. Does anyone want to see
their Ch. stud dog's name on some puppy mill's site, in the pedigree?
Think about it, it will be there if you allow your Ch. to be bred to
just any bitch that comes along. If anything, stud dog owners should
see the health clearance certificates (and be willing to share those
of their stud dog), and see the pedigree. If the bitch is Jill out of
Jack, the stud dog owner may want to warn the bitch owner that nothing
of type will come of the breeding. Perhaps the owner would like to
purchase a quality bitch before considering becoming a breeder.
Joining the local GSD club would also be good idea to get some
education. And, hopefully, there is good education on the GSDCA website.

Birgit Rhoads
Woodland
Hudson Oh
wdlnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.woodlandpwc.com

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.