[ SHOWGSD-L ] From PetPAC CA SB250

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-list showgsd-list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:29:04 -0700

Remember, www.carpoc.org/legislation.html has a letter that you can
download and fax. HOWEVER, if you have the minutes (and it only takes
20!!!!), call all the Senators, Say NO on SB250, It's too costly and
doesn't work.  I faxed, (took about 15 minutes once it is set up, then
called... took about 15 minutes for me, but I have clumsy fingers.
Stormy
~
~

Dear Stormy,

SB 250, the mandatory spay and neuter bill passed out of the
Appropriations Committee yesterday and is on its way to the full
California State Senate for a vote next week. SB 250 will cost cities
and counties millions and make criminals out of responsible pet
owners. We must say No on SB 250.

We need your help today! Senate Pro Tem Leader Darrell Steinberg told
us his office received only 94 phone calls for No on SB 250. Call
Senator Steinberg today and let them know you say ?NO on SB 250?.

Please make a contribution to PetPAC to help us continue the fight. We
are being massively outspent by our opponents including PETA and HSUS.
Supporters of SB 250 want to strip away pet owners rights.

California is billions of dollars in debt, drastic cuts are being made
to schools, the disabled, law enforcement and seniors, yet legislators
want cities and counties to spend millions for a program that will
kill more pets and make us criminals.

Please call Senator Steinberg today, make a contribution and call your
State Senator. Tell them we can?t afford and don?t deserve SB 250, and
ask them to vote NO on SB 250.

With your help, our voices will be heard and we will win this fight.

Sincerely,

Bill Hemby
Chairman