[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: From NutroMax on dog food recall

  • From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: silverwoodsgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 11:53:01 -0700 (PDT)

There was  a dry food recall  2 days ago !!! Iams Prescription  Diet for cats.

  It ain't over till it is over and they have positive researched PROOF what it
is and where it is and how it got there !.
  And MOST IMPORTANTLY >>>>  how it got past them and onto the market !
None of this is acceptable  with them saying  ... we suspect , or we are sure ,
or we think B.S.

So what if they "Fired their wheat gluten supplier" ?
Big Deal !

Where is Menu Foods quality control that should be checking the products
constantly ???

The wheat supplier [possibly] sold bad product but Menu can not blame this all
it on them .

The Fault falls only onto Menu Foods lap.

They are supposed to be in charge of what THEY sell ! ! ! !

  They are clearly floundering searching for answers and just guessing.

  Until then I would not go within a mile of any pet foods Menu Foods is
associated with *period ! *

I am not about to experiment with my pets to see if they will live or die !

LeDoux Jan <silverwoodsgsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

PLEASE CROSSPOST- from Nutro Products, inc.
There are emails being widely circulated containing
false information regarding the Menu Foods recall,
the FDA, and dry pet foods.

The FDA confirmed on 3/29/07 that there will NOT
be a recall of dry food, and there is no basis to include
dry food in the Menu Foods recall.

The FDA has isolated a chemical contaminant, melamine, which
they have linked to a batch of wheat gluten imported from China
that was used in the recalled products made by Menu Foods.

Nutro?s dry foods are in no way included in the recall, are not made
by Menu Foods, and contain no wheat gluten. The grains used in
Nutro?s dry foods are all purchased from U.S. sources.
For ACCURATE information on the Menu Foods recall regarding
Nutro?s products please visit our website at www.nutroproducts.com,
Contact our Consumer Services at 1-800-833-5330, or visit the
FDA website at http://www.fda.gov/ ?

Silverwood's German Shepherds
www.silverwoodgermanshepherds.com

Be a PS3 game guru.