[ SHOWGSD-L ] Friend's service dog dies - question on help

  • From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 07:31:31 -0500

I need some ideas on how I can help my friend who's long time service dog
died during surgery yesterday. He had broken his leg playing last week, and
was undergoing surgery to insert a plate in his leg when he died on the
table.
She's stuck with a $2500 surgery bill, and a lot of heartache. The good news
is that her dog was getting on in years, and she had started training a new
one a few months ago.
I've known her for over 15 years, and she's worked with me on several
occasions. She is one of the hardest working, kindest people I know, and it
breaks my heart that this has happened to her. She's tough, she'll get over
it, but this expense is going to put a huge strain on her already tight
budget.
I don't want to publish any more details without her permission.
Any ideas how I can help her?
Thanks,
Cyndy
www.texasdogs.com