[ SHOWGSD-L ] Friday brag

  • From: "Jen Arends" <icedmyst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:50:12 -0700

I am having a great day and had to share with everyone. I had spoken
with Melissa (our lovely jr. lister) when she announced she would be
headed our way for a few weeks. She said that she would like some dogs
to handle so I offered to enter my male for her to handle. I explained
that he probably wouldn't win but is very well trained and should be
easy to work. She agreed to handle him in open.  Well knock my socks
off, she took him in after only a brief "How do you do" to Jesse and
some down and backs. Out of 6 males entered in his class, Jesse and
Melissa were moved up to 4th place. Not only is this Melissa's first
show in "so. Cali" but it was Jesse's first AKC all-breed! I was so
happy!  Jesse isn't a dog one would normally expect to see in the ring
as he is almost "old fashioned" in type. Jesse will be 7 years old on
the 20th of this month so we just barely missed the Veteran class.
Thank you SO much Melissa for taking a chance with my old man!
BTW- she is great with the dogs and very brave to put chicken liver in
her mouth! YUCK!
Jen