[ SHOWGSD-L ] Friday at the Triangle

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:41:14 EST

If you ever get a call from the Illini GSDC to judge at the Triangle shows,
JUMP at the opportunity.  You will meet some of the nicest people like Valerie
Harrington, Dee Friberg, Betty Gustafson and others.  You will have a great
ring steward like Sharon Polifrone.  You will get to judge in a spacious indoor
ring that has excellent matted footing without being spongy and the whole
place will be filled with exhibitors who are ready to have fun at a dog show.
could not wait to judge the five point entry and I was not disappointed, it was
an entry filled with quality dogs who will make a major impact on the shows
during 2005.

1st 6-9 Puppy Dog, Best Opposite Puppy:  Stellar's Jaden Gil of Aramist.
Look out when this handsome, big boned, sound youngster learns how to gait
around
the whole ring, he is a good one.

1st Open Dog, Winners Dog:  Karizma's Born in the USA.  This large, handsome,
sound dog is all male who takes a very long stride without effort who was a
joy to watch gait and well deserving of the five points.

2nd Open Dog, Reserve Winners Dog: Chimanes Random Action of Lordwood.
Pretty close to the winner, really liked the way he carried himself while
gaiting,
no wasted motion, long, fluid stride.

1st 6-9 Puppy Bitch, Best Puppy:  Caralon QED Derouse Bad to the Bone.  Came
into the ring looking every bit the pretty lady, such an easy mover with all
sorts of style and grace, watch out for this youngster too.

1st 12-18 Bitch, Reserve Winners Bitch:  You Ain't Seen Nuthin Yet of Edan.
Oh I disagree with this name because I think you are seeing a lot of somethin
that is almost too pretty for words, style, type, ring presence.  A future
star I think.

1st Open Bitch, Winners Bitch, Best of Winners:  Coda's Chickie Baby of
Chablis.  I have been trying to decide which I like best about this bitch.  Is
it
her wonderful, inquiring mind, her ring attitude, her soundness, her fluid,
ground covering gait, the fact that her feet are so close to the ground when
gaiting, her opening both front and rear while gaiting on a loose lead or maybe
it
is just all of the above?  A heartstopper I think she is and maybe even more.

1st Veteran Bitch, Best of Breed:  CH Eko-Lan's Havoc v Merivern.  I could
not believe this was a veteran, she was so happy to be in the ring, was in
perfect condition and yet gaited like I had seen her gait when she was a two
year
old.  Totally stole my heart, not one thing about her that is not correct and
it is a true credit to her breeders, it was an honor to have her in my ring.

Best Opposite Sex:  CH Utopia's Let Freedom Ring.  We have a tendency to talk
about suspension, ease of motion and condition like it was something that you
can see all the time.  Well, I guess in the case of the owners of this fine
animal they do get to see this daily, a really nice dog.

So that was Friday at the Triangle, the weather was sunny, so were the
exhibitors and the dogs were a joy.  It was a very good day, I am honored to
have
been invited.

Lew