[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Freds post

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, vicki.roye@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:29:33 -0400 (EDT)

Evan, no one is limiting them from AKC awards.  Please re read our  mission
statement.  Awarding dogs w/ DQs ANY award of merit from a breed  club that
is SUPPOSED to uphold and value the standard flies in the face of the
mission statement.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 3/14/2012 11:28:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 3/14/12 8:22:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vicki.roye@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Actually  the Board said ANY dog  regardless of DQ could win the Victor
titles. If we  make the Board's  ruling consistent with the Parade of
Greats than
any dog  meeting the  other criterias would be able to be presented in the
Parade of   Greats. ILPs too??

I know I am known as a Flaming Liberal, but  I see no reason that if a dog
wins the scores by doing the best  work, he/she should not be recognized as
the  winner, in all  ways.

If a top herding dog has a hanging ear, should we disqualify that  dog from

being recognized as our top herding dog?

If a dog  will not sit and stay, we don't say he can't be the Grand
Victor.

I know we want all dogs to meet all standards. But it is time to  admit
that
performance is judged on performance. Conformation is judged on
conformation. It  is great when a dog can win both, or a better way  to say
it is, the
owners have  time to compete in both, but our time  limits exist. Some of
us
still have to  work, and we choose the venue  to show in.

A top winning dog should not be judged on another standard,  (not the GSD
standard, but the standard of the competition).

I sure appreciate Vicki's positions, but I don't understand why we,  the
conformation exhibitor wants to limit the obedience  people?  If we decide
do that, then let's stop allowing dog  to enter that won't qualify to  win.

And, it Fred, not Feed!   I changed the heading to reflect that. But  then
again, I am very  obedient in all things.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German  Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament  come together

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.