[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fred--Your Help Here Please-- Fault-Free-Yeah Right!!!

  • From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  • To: gsdlady28@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 13:31:23 -0500

Hey, Fred, can you give me a bit of help here??  I don't think I got my point
across properly.
With Your infinite wisdom, perhaps your thoughts could help out on this idea of
a list of dog's that produce faults.
Was it not you who said, what good is a "perfect" dog if it's brothers &
sisters are pieces of Crap?  You develope a list of dogs that don't produce
this thing or that thing, yet their sisters produced it, or their brothers were
one of those...????
 Don't take me wrong...I'm ALL for a Stud that produces Very Few problems...but
I just think people want to produce the Perfect dog, and it Ain't gonna happen.
Tari Kridler
www.showgsds4sale.com (NEW* Website for Free Advertising SHOW GSDs)
Home of 2003 Amer & Can GVX Kridler's Ruby and her Father 2 x Sel. Amer & Can
Ch. Kridler's Quno @ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com

Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:48:05 -0500
From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
I'm sorry, but I'm having a problem with people wanting a "Fault-free" list.

First of all, there is NO such thing as any of our Studs being Fault Free.
From the Mouth of Wisdom- Joan Ford- IF any dog is bred enough, you will find
faults.
If we limit the Gene pool anymore than it already is, we may as well throw in
the towel.

Yes, there are missing teeth out there, there are ALOT worse problems than
that.... but, you must always weigh the good with the bad.  Prioritize your
problems before you do ANY breeding.  Know your own lines and work on that.
Always look at your dogs brothers & sisters, as well as the studs-if possible.
IF you think you are going to find a Stud dog that will give you No Bloat, No
Megaesophagus, No missing teeth, NO Off-Temperaments, No heart trouble, ---- oh
my, the list can go on & on & on..... Well, wake up people!!! You will be
trading one fault for another.  If I'm trading missing teeth for most of the
other horrible Crap that is out there...I'll smile. AND GUESS WHAT Folks, this
is 100% true in Every breed of dogs, not just our Beloved GSDs.

Tari
www.showgsds4sale.com (NEW* Website for Free Advertising SHOW GSDs)
AOL at AOL.com.