[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fred are you Serious?

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:14:23 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2005 12:07:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, Stormy435
writes:
Fred, I know that sometimes  communication in the written word can be
misconstrued, but I don't think Dee  meant that a judge talking to handlers is
good
or bad, I read it as she  overheard a "fix" and was apalled by it.  I have
heard of similar events,  but never witnessed it, so can't comment on it as a
first  person.

Stormy Hope

I can't imagine a judge and a handler negotiating a fix out loud at  the
show. Crooks are usually not morons unless it's the judges first show and  the
handlers first fix. Look I am not saying there has never been a fix but they
have been few and far between. Now there are a lot of bad judges there are
judges who are influenced in there judging. That's a whole new subject. And
there
are a lot of judges that do stupid things that give the impression of  an
impropriety. We as judges sometime forget that the newbie may misconstrue
friendliness between judge and handler. Especialy if then that handler wins.
The  new
person forgets the banter that may have taken place between the judge and
other handlers who then lost. The new person like all of us love our dogs and
if
 they are at a show with that dog they must think and have probably been told
by  the breeder this is a show dog. So when they lose they look for some
other  reason other than their dog was not good enough. That's very normal. So
it
bshoves the judge to look at all the dogs and dont do things in the  ring
that may be misunderstood explain to anyone who asks why you placed  the dogs
the
way you did.  And you novice people ASK THE JUDGE don't wait  until a week
later then ask why the judge didn't he like the 6th novice dog  too late ask
after the class he may not have time to answer right then but he  will think
about it and be able to later. Hope this helps.   Fred