[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fox News

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 06:16:08 EST

I had an interesting phone call yesterday .--from Fox News ,asking how I
felt about the new law requiring all dog breeders having to register, After
I spent 1/2 hr  blowing my stack,and informing him a vast difference
between "puppy millers" and  serious performance and conformation breeders,  I
told him that I was 85,and had not bred anything for nine years,but gave him
names and telephone numbers of five other people in my club who are active
breeders and exhibitors to let them tell their opinion on this stupid law.
  I get calls  about almost anything pertaining to dogs in  the Mpls,St..
Paul area. I guess I'm the most "ancient" one, still living . I  founded and
started my own club,plus the Afghan and Doberman Specialty Clubs/  Also the
Minnesota Purebred Dog Breeders association,and  know most of the
veterinarians.   I usually try and help  anyone that calls ,and  If I can't
help,I
can refer..   Now I'll have to check on this new  law. Wouldn't you think the
states would have enough to worry about ,just to  stay afloat,without making
laws about dog  breeders
                   Helen  Miller Fisher