[ SHOWGSD-L ] Foundation Dams

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 02:17:22 +0000

Guess no one wants to talk about their foundation dams.......well,
we are very proud of out old girl:  BEDKAR'S HALLA, OFA, ROM/C.

We bought Halla from an Obstetrician that we worked with.....his wife had
bred a litter from their male and female, primarily German and Dutch breeding.
We had just lost a Harrigan son to DM.  We chose her because she was the
trouble maker in the litter.....spunky as all get out!

By the time she was 9 months old, we decided we needed another GSD to
keep her occupied....this is after she ripped up the kitchen floor and learned
to open doors and roam the house when we were not there.  She was an
"obedience school" dropout....heeled and everything as long the the lead was
on....take it off, and she was gone.

When she was 20 months old (1982), we bred her to Am. & Can. Ch. ToSyl's Lorain,
from a local kennel....top ranked BIS winner in the US.  Tha litter produced
AM. CAN. CH. BEDKAR'S BOSCO BY BOZ, OFA, ROMC  (Top ranked Usa & Can.)
AM. CAN. INT. CH. BEDKAR'S HALO V. HIDDEN SPRINGS, CD, OFA, ROM/C.
CAN. CH. BEDKAR'S FANNY BRICE.

The second breeding to Lorain produced:
AM. CAN. INT. CH. BEDKAR'S BEAUX ESPIRIT, OFA, ROM

A third breeding to Ch. Gen-Eve's Tucson (TOP RANKED)produced:
AM. CAN. CH. BEDKAR'S TINA TURNER, OFA
CAN. CH. BEDKAR'S TIMMERMAN, CD, OFA

Two daughters, Halo and Beaux, earned ROM's.  Tina missed her ROM by one
daughter (pointed) who developed pyrometra and had to be spayed.  Halo
and Tina also produced ROM daughters.
 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
-bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com