[ SHOWGSD-L ] Forwarded: Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:20:21 -0800

Talking about Agriculture groups, but could EASILY apply to dog
owners, clubs, groups.  I'm waiting for responses from emails I sent
last week (Thank you for the three who have responded so far, even
counting the "received it, thank you!!!!).  In another week or two,
I'll give results.
Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org  CHECK THE UPDATED EVENTS AND LINKS!
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
Sunshine Squad <showgsd.org/sunshine.html)
GSDs and more

http://brownfieldagnews.com/category/feature-programs/insidedc/
Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

February 5, 2010 by Steve Kopperud
Filed under Inside D. C.

There?s an odd psychology among many national ag groups ? whether
producer, input or processor ? as well as among monster-big companies
when it comes to ?responding? to attacks from activists or ill-
informed bureaucrats on what we do and how well we do it.  It
generally comes down to waiting until the bomb has dropped or getting
someone else to stand up and scream, ?Enough of this junk.?  Those
days have got to end.

If you plumb the motivation for this hesitance to confront our
adversaries or to challenge the Big Lie(s) about production
agriculture and modern food production, you generally get the
following responses:  1.  ?I/we don?t want to make a bigger deal out
of this than it already is?, or 2.  ?We don?t want to tick off (fill
in the name of your favorite critic ? private or government) because
they might punish us with something worse.?

Forgive my frankness, but this kind of thinking is crap.

The groups, movements and individuals who attack us expect us to be
reactive. They expect us to be timid, overly cautious and darn near
afraid of going on the offensive. They understand how we think and how
we act almost better than we do and they plan their attacks
accordingly....