[ SHOWGSD-L ] For those with backyard dreams....

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:18:00 EDT

And no I don't mean the backyard breeder    LOL

All the people that constantly refer to people who want to  have a national
in their backyard, you need to help with one.
When we proposed Beaumont all we saw was a very good  exhibitor/dog friendly
site that looked like it could accommodate our  great show.  Myself, it was a
site I thought in my head it was one I  would like to go to....could have
cared less where it was, but yes, it was  24 miles from my backyard.  And I
have
looked at a lot of sites too,  just in the same way having gone to sites with
and without the  board
The amount of work that goes into the planning and  preparation for this show
is immense.  It takes years to pull  together.
So I challenge those members that moan and bemoan why  they don't want to go
here, or don't want to go there to propose a site  and help put on a national.
It is more than quite an  experience!
For those that are already being negative and knocking  Beaumont before they
even get here (sound familiar  Florida/California/Colorado members et el)
then PLEASE do this  yourself in the coming years and find a site for me too!

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life  member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone  amateur
built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the  Titanic"