[ SHOWGSD-L ] For the whelping box

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 15:22:31 EST

What a co-incidence.    I was going through my dog books and found my
notebook of whelping times and the list I put together from the Showgsd-l
members in
1999!    Sooo, Here it is, and if others add to it, no whelpER will ever be
without :-)
Hemostats (several)
dull scissors
latex gloves (I never could get to them in time lol)
Alcohol (for disinfectant)
thermometer
Petroleum jelly
Record book
watch/clock (times of birth)
dental floss
nasal aspirator
pen light
puppy bottles
Betadine
VetRap

And more:

Craft loops, Wide RickRack
Heat lamp (with small opening screen fashioned over it) or
pup heating pad
fake lambs wool material
plenty of newspaper
baby scales (I found the regular baby scale good for when the pups grew and
grew)
a couple pack of white shop towels (terry)
spare box (for pups while mom is giving you another one....if she'll let you)
weak tea/beef broth, chicken soup, ice cream, a little brandy
Portable phone

And for later:

Odo Ban
Quadricide P.V, by Phamacol, dilute 1:8
Dr. Bonner's Castile Shampoo (Peppermint,Eucalyptus, etc.   (Health food
stores), keep in spray bottle in van for accidents)
Woolite Pet Stain for Carpets

Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com