[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: For the New People tot he breed

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:46:49 EST

With all the misinformation about American GSD's on the Internet,
I think Terry's (and other's) suggestions are a great idea.  The GSDCA
website should be the first and best source of information on the breed
in this country. The PC owns and controls the standard in the US, and
is the only true authority on how that standard is to be interpreted.
That's
why I think show results should be public so anyone interested can  see
what the top dogs look like.  I also think there should be  information
on GSD's in Herding, Agility, Tracking, Obedience, etc, to  demonstrate
that we expect our dogs to be more than 'just a pretty face' .

Janice

In a message dated 12/17/2006 1:36:33 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 12/17/2006 12:28:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
You can fill in the rest just close your  eyes and think of all  the
questions
you have answered over the  years.

Another thing that would be good to put on is  explaining a dog show  for a
new person.   They usually  have no idea about the classes,  males being
first,
what the judge is  doing/looking at.
I have answered so many times for new people....."I  thought the dog  was
just
in, why is it back in again"  then you  explain the winners  class, when they
figured the dog already did a  "class  win".    Lots to  explain!
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you  think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your
pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil   Pastoret