[ SHOWGSD-L ] For members attending the July board meeting

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:49:09 EDT

For all those GSDCA members who hope to attend the PC Board meeting here in
Colorado next month, here's some information that we, the members of the Rocky
Mountain GSDC, hope will be helpful.
The Hilton hotel in Ft, Collins is where the board members are staying. I
think their rate is $99 per night. There are however some less expensive hotels
nearby. For hotel/motel information in Ft. Collins, visit:
http://www.ftcollins.com/hotels-motels.htm. Loveland is just a few minutes away
-- for Loveland
motels visit: www.loveland.org/chamber/members.cgi?category_id=55.
There is a wide variety of restaurants available in the area.

If you think you'll be able to attend, I suggest you make reservations NOW as
this is the height of tourist season and that particular weekend is the last
3 days of Cheyenne Frontier Days, only a short hop to the North.

Ft. Collins is home to Colorado State University and ..... TA-DA ... only 35
miles from Estes Park and the famed Rocky Mountain National Park. If at all
possible you should plan on taking an extra day or two to enjoy some of the
most
beautiful scenery in the country, maybe climb a 14'er or two while you're at
it (those are the peaks that are 14,000 feet above sea level or higher).
For the fishermen in the crowd, you can find great trout fishing too. Here's
a link to some driving tours from Ft. Collins:
http://www.ftcollins.com/scenicdrivingtours.htm

One word of caution, if you are coming from a significantly lower elevation,
plan on doing your mountain visits after the board meeting. That will give you
a couple of days to acclimate before going higher.

As for the visit to the Budweiser Center, the proposed show site, plan on
having a great time there too. The tour of the site is scheduled to start
shortly after 3:30 p.m. on Friday. The welcome reception/hospitality will be at
the conclusion of the site visit Friday afternoon. It is being hosted by the
Ft. Collins Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Budweiser Event Center and the
Rocky Mountain GSDC. It will be held on the second floor of the center, with
great views of the Rocky Mountains!

The board meeting on Saturday is scheduled to start at 8 a.m. They will have
lunch from noon to 12:45. Guests are welcome with a pre-registration of $18.
The board meeting on Sunday is scheduled from 8 to noon.

One thing we'd like to ask is that any non-board member who thinks they can
join us, drop me an email. We'd love to have you but would hate to run out of
food, so if I can get a reasonably accurate headcount in advance, we can make
sure there's plenty to go around!

The Rocky Mountain German Shepherd Dog Club is delighted to be able to host
our friends and soon-to-be friends next month. So if you have any questions or
need any help with directions or anything else, just drop me an email or call
me at 303-660-0535 and I'll help any way I can.

Susan Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds and
Front Range German Shepherd Rescue