[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: For Paul

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tashina1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, JANGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:12:03 -0800

no one, from what I read, is condemning Paul the Person - what is being
debated is the premise that it is right to get support for your movement
(RALEEF,SPCA,ETC  ETC) from wherever you can if you are passionate enough
about it -
I am currently taking an ethics course..so, I think  this concept is part of
Utilitarianism.. "the common good" and "the benefit resulted to the greatest
number".. Is it right to utilize any means to achieve a goal? - if it is,
then mandatory sterilization of the mentally challenged was "right" (the
only example I can think of at the time), or accepting dirty money, earned
on from puppy mills, to rid the country of breed specific legislation is as
well. It still seems to be a contradiction to me.. And having Mr. H
supporting RALEEF comes across, to me, as a way for him to ensure he can
continue to buy and sell the specific breeds out of the back of his truck..

It's just dirty dirty dirty business to me.. JMHO..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com