[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Food for thought

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 17:43:07 +0000 (UTC)

Logic 101
premise 1. all GSDs are white
premise 2. Fred is a GSD
conclusion. Therefore Fred is white!
that is a valid argument believe it or not...the problem is the premises are
not BOTH true..which is why life, politics, and other human adventures are all
messed up

example 2
premise1.Teddy is a German Shepherd
premise2. Teddy is Black
conclusion .All German Shepherds are Black.......that is an INVALID argument
even though both premises are true..politicians really use this form of invalid
arguments.lol....
sorry Stormy, a bit off topic but perhaps when we make an argument on the list
we may see why we sometimes go astray....lol...FB