[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Food again

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:03:15 -0600

Many of the "old" formulas have continued to be made.   Another thing that
you might consider is to go to their site -
as I recieved an e-mail from them telling members that although all of the
current varieties are still being made,
they plan to change the looks/designs of the bags.

I went out to the kennel, where I keep & prepare their food & checked out
my current supply - I do not have on hand
the regular chicken & rice formula.   I do not buy that much of it anymore
because almost all of my "kids" are now
seniors.

I have copied below the labeling on the front of the bags:
Pro Plan Large Breed Formula:  adults over 50 lbs.   This is the same
formula that it has always been
(chicken & rice).

Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Formula: for seniors (dogs over 7 years)  There
again, it is the same old formula with some extras like
antioxidents, Omega 3 & 6,Linoleic acid, EPA & DHA.

When Pro Plan first came out with the shredded formula, our local Petco
started to stock only it.   When Pro Plan told
us that they still made many of the other formulas, I (& several friends)
complained that we wanted them to continue
to carry the old formula also.   They now carry both the shredded & many
"old" formulas.   BTW - they (Petco) often put
the shredded on sale but NOT the others.

Anyway, if you still would like to use the old Pro Plan, I would talk to
your local suppliers.   Also, one can buy them directly from
Pro Plan (Purina) at a lesser price but one has to pay for shipping.

hope this helps -
Sandy