[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Food For Thought on Movement

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:16:37 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2009 11:56:45 A.M. Central Standard Time,
spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The thing I find so beautiful about the "gating" dog is his  front. Did
anyone else happen to notice that when his feet meet their  furthest reaching
point in front of his nose, that they were actually  hitting the ground at
that same point? Not in mid-air like so many dogs  do... That's a video that
everyone in all breeds should watch, just for  that reason alone.

That is proper movement and it is so infrequently seen  anymore that most
have no idea what they are looking at when they see  it.   So many of our top
dogs should be viewed in slow motion by  the true student....you would be
surprised at where that fore paw touches  down. That video is a true
study.....extension, drive, follow through and  watch how close those feet are
the ground.  No kickup in the rear,  no toe curling.  Also note the spring to
the front pasterns....a give  away to a proper fore assembly.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark