[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Food For Thought on Movement

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:11:08 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2009 1:22:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 11/3/2009 11:56:45 A.M. Central Standard Time,
spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The thing I find so beautiful about the  "gating" dog is his  front. Did
anyone else happen to notice that  when his feet meet their  furthest
reaching
point in front of his  nose, that they were actually  hitting the ground at
that same point?  Not in mid-air like so many dogs  do... That's a video
that
everyone  in all breeds should watch, just for  that reason alone.

That  is proper movement and it is so infrequently seen  anymore that most
have no idea what they are looking at when they see  it.    So many of our
top
dogs should be viewed in slow motion by  the true  student....you would be
surprised at where that fore paw touches   down. That video is a true
study.....extension, drive, follow through  and  watch how close those feet
are to
the ground.  No kickup in  the rear,  no toe curling.  Also note the spring
the front  pasterns....a give  away to a proper fore  assembly.

Molly

I truly enjoyed this video, the correctness without the FLASH!!  It is  one
everyone SHOULD watch.

Ileana