[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Food For Thought on Movement

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 08:39:45 -0800 (PST)

           You are so right, Jessica.  Many simply do not know canine
structure.  How many realize that most trotting canines have
suspension, the period of suspension in the GSD being longer           due to
the thrust of the rear ?  Another example : years ago           when AKC sent
out a test on structural terms, one AKC judge           asked "What are the
withers ?"  Shepherd folks love to throw           around this suspension, as
if GSDs are the only breed that           suspend.  NOT.  Back in the olden
days, we spent our club           meetings learning, taking movies of the dogs
and then watching           them in slow motion.  How revealing !!! Wonder how
many           today have ever watched their dogs in slow motion .
           Carolyn