[ SHOWGSD-L ] Follow up to worried

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:53:41 -0800 (PST)

First, I want to thank everyone who contacted me about my dog and his issue
last night.  He never showed any other symptoms of bloat and never ran a temp.
After the 2 hour mark of the episode, he hacked up a couple chunks of food.
Once that occurred, he sipped on some water, hacked a little more and seemed
fine the rest of the night.  It would appear he got some food caught in his
throat.  His temp was still normal this morning, so I don't think it was a
kennel cough, but I plan to take him to the vet later today just to be sure.

I tend to panic about the kids, but I'm very happy I have access to this list.
I've never seen bloat and it lives in my darkest nightmares (along with some of
the other severe diseases).  I hope to never see it, but one of my mentors was
kind enough to tell me some of the main things she has seen.  I hope know to
have more knowledge and know what to look for.

At least my boy is okay, that's the best thing in the world.  Both the kids got
a big hug this morning...

Thanks again to everyone!

Christina Klahn
ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx