[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Flying with dogs, again....

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <Pdragon4@xxxxxxx>, <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:10:12 -0800

Pdragon4@xxxxxxx writes:
so  from conroe you use the same airport.  have you tried memphis  to  see if
you can fly a dog in there.  you may find that  hard to do too!
Also see how well you can get to Columbus re Springfield proposed  national.
Molly
Flying anywhere today is hard...We have more than 50% of the flights out of
Ohare (united and AA) are regional jets they dont carry dogs...thats why we
need to keep it driveable for as many members as we can. Patty

Actually flying anywhere is pretty easy for just us.    It's these darned
German Shepherd Dogs
and their ears that cause the airlines to insist almost everything fly in a #
500 crate....and now
with the buyouts of airlines,  airlines failing,  fuel prices,  bankrupcy
issues with each one
they are all starting to use smaller aircraft on ONE junket of almost all the
flights.
The only way we can fly dogs MOST of the time now in a # 500 crate is direct
flights and
that means we have to use that airline's main hub airport for our DESTINATION!!

Occasionally out of some airports like LAX......there are still some good
flights with large
aircraft into other large airports....but in general there is not.

We need National sites that are more "central"  to each part of the Country so
that as many
people as possible can drive from all directions.........and there is a main
hub airport within
reasonable driving distance to make sure the National is accessible to EVERY
PERSON ....
EVERY YEAR .........WITH A DOG.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com