[ SHOWGSD-L ] Flying to dog shows

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@freelists. org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 14:20:21 -0700

I just heard this, and not wanting the enthusiasm of the list to die for
lack of a rumor, I thought I should pass it on!
Dave
Evan, a lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on a long
flight to a dog show.
Evan. the lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could get one
over on them easy.
So Evan asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines
and tries to catch a few winks.
Evan persists saying that the game is a lot of fun.  I ask you a question,
and if you don't know the answer, you pay  me only  $5.
Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500, he
says.

This catches the senior's attention and to keep the lawyer quiet, he agrees
to play the game.
The lawyer asks the first question.  'What's the distance  from the Earth to
the Moon?'

The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket, pulls out a
five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.

Now it's the senior's turn.  He asks the lawyer, 'What goes up a hill with
three legs, and comes down with four?'
The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he could find on the
Net.

 He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to no avail.  After
an hour of searching, he finally gives up.

He wakes the senior and hands him $500.  The senior pockets the $500 and
goes right back to sleep.
The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer.  He wakes the senior up and
asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs and comes  down with
four?'
The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5 and goes back to
sleep.